Nai Harvest - 'Hold Open My Head' single review




Edgy drums tiptoe around a drowsy guitar, before making too much clatter and waking up Nai Harvest's best song to date. A sheepish melancholy judders to life as singer Ben beckons 'Hold open my head/ to scoop out the shit that's inside'. How visual.

On the first release from their new record, everything is cleaner than their debut album 'Whatever'. The vocals barely have a scratch to them and the drums are somehow even more vivid.

There's an immature adoration in the lyrics; 'I don't wanna be here if I can't even make fun of you/ I wanna kick you like I used to'. It's kind of helpless and desperate, but it's a very catchy plea for attention and the most fun you'll have on a downer. 

From what I've heard this has already been a crowd pleaser at recent shows, and I'll be catching them in Leeds on this tour with Gnarwolves. Needless to say I can't wait for them to play this song.


Comments